It’s Friday–the end of another week and the chance for me to spend a few minutes writing about my experiences with my August Action challenge. I have taken action on a few things this week, but have fumbled on a few more. Here, today, I will honestly tell you where I’m at with my action initiative this August.
What I was able to do:
1. I set up a group on Face Book of other like-minded individuals and we began sharing our action items for August. This group includes all those who said, “I’m in” when I made an offer to include them in this month challenge to take action on their personal goals. I have never set up a group in FB before, so that was new to me, and I was proud I figured out how to do it.
2. I declared some concrete goals for my August Action initiative, after listening to Diane Carbonell’s recent podcast. If you didn’t get a chance to listen to Diane’s podcast, you should do that today. Diane always shares lots of great ways to keep the motivation going when trying to lose weight. My goals this week were twofold–first, that I would not eat wheat (evaluating if I have a wheat allergy or not), and I also wanted to investigate the option of buying an exercise bike for use at home. I have completed the first goal, but I’m still working on no. 2.
3. I posted an encouragement to others in the FB August Action group, hoping to inspire them to remain consciously aware of their goals this week.
Things I did not do so well:
1. I have not moved as much as I would have liked in the first two weeks of this month. What with having PF and minor surgery on the bottom of my foot last week (stitches don’t come out until next week), I have been slowed considerably in the exercise department. I have tried to move in other ways, but not a whole lot. Not as much as I need to, let’s put it that way.
2. I have quit reporting my food to my friend. I think I did it only once this week. I need to get back at it. It helps me to stay focused and on track throughout the day and not give in to the urges to snack in the afternoon when I am bored.
The Good News:
The good news is that I still have the weekend ahead of me, and I have plenty of chances to get exercise through various means before we tuck this week into bed. I’m headed north this weekend to see the kiddos, but its going to be a quick trip up and back. The hubs would like to get himself a pair of biker boots, so we may etch out enough time to do that while we are with family. The eating will be the challenge this weekend. It always is when I’m with the fam, but it’s fun too.
I’ll check back in on Monday and share my weekend in retrospect. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend that you enjoy and that burns calories and keeps you healthy. Until next time…